**Play Area Planned Re-opening**
Published: 01 July 2020
Following the Government’s advice, we are delighted to be planning the re-opening of our playgrounds.
As soon as the required signage has been produced and installed our sites at Charrington Way, Singleton Road, The Ducky and The Village Centre will be able to open. This is expected to be next week – We will be sure to share the news of the re-openings with the community.
Please note until this time, the play areas remain closed.
All of our playgrounds have been inspected. However, we cannot clean all of our playgrounds once they are back in use to ensure that they are Covid -free and so will be asking parents and carers to take reasonable precautions.
There will be signage put up on each site with the following message:
This play area is now open
• Please be aware this facility has been safety inspected but cannot be sanitised. Please take all reasonable precautions to ensure your and your family’s safety, following the guidelines below;
• The 2m social distancing rule remains in place – please be respectful of other people
• If you or any of your party are showing symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) DO NOT enter the play area. Return home and seek medical assistance
• Only 1 adult should accompany their children into the playground
• Equipment which can accommodate multiple children e.g. climbing frames or a basket swing should be used by one family unit at a time
• If a piece of equipment or the playground is busy please come back later.
• Do not use any equipment marked as out of use – there may be an increased risk (in particular talk tubes).
• Adults are reminded to ensure good hygiene by providing regular hand sanitation, especially on leaving the playground.
• Please don’t eat and drink in the playground.
• Please place your litter in a bin, or take it home with you