Welcome to Broadbridge Heath Parish Council
The purpose of this site is to provide all residents with information about the Parish Council - its activities and responsibilities.
Broadbridge Heath Parish Council aims to represent the interests of the residents of the parish as a whole and to preserve the environment for the enjoyment of the villagers, visitors and future generations. The Council is responsible for a range of services and also works in partnership with other organisations in the locality.
*** LATEST NEWS ***
- Traffic Calming – click here to see the latest update on the proposed 20mph speed limit for Broadbridge Heath
- West Sussex County Council Elections - see the Election Notice
- View the Horsham Police Weekly Update - 31st March 2017
----------See our News & Information page for other news----------
Assistant Parish Clerk Vacancy
Broadbridge Heath Parish Council
has a vacancy for an
The role will involve assisting the Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer with planning and implementing the aims and objectives of the Parish Council including producing agendas and background papers for Council and Committee Meetings, updating the website and noticeboards, attending evening meetings, recording and distributing minutes and deputising for the Clerk during periods of absence.
Candidates should have:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrable administrative and organisational experience
· The ability to work unsupervised, manage own workloads and deputise for the Clerk
· A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
· Knowledge of Local Government (County, District or Parish Councils) is desirable
Must be flexible as hours will vary from 20-25 hours per month with possibility to increase in the future. Must be available to attend daytime and evening meetings.
£10 - £11 per hour based on local council scales and dependent on knowledge and experience.
Home based until our new Parish Office in Broadbridge Heath becomes available.
Download the job description, person specification and application form. Send completed applications to:
Stephanie Mills, Clerk
PO Box 1291, Crawley, RH10 0NF
Tel: 07716 130103 Closing date for applications: Friday 12th May 2017
The Council is always keen to ensure that its priorities and initiatives reflect the wishes of the electorate: all meetings are open to the public and are preceded by a session for public comments. Alternatively, the Clerk or individual Councillors may be contacted if you have any ideas for or concerns about the parish, or any issues with which we may be able to help.